At Advanced Eye Care here in Las Vegas, NV, we care about your vision, and we’re here to help you meet your goals. Our optometrists are caring, professional, and highly skilled. To make the most out of your next eye exam or vision test, we recommend the following preparations to make your visit a success.
Here is a list of questions you should ask before or during your next eye exam.
Common Questions You Should Ask at Every Eye Exam
- Am I at-risk for developing vision problems?
- What tests will I do today? Will my vision test include a dilated eye exam?
- How can I care for my eyes better? What lifestyle changes should I be making?
- How often should I come back to an optometrist for an eye exam?
- Have you noticed any changes in my vision?
- What should I be checking for to ensure my vision isn’t getting worse?
Questions You Should Ask if Your Vision Has Deteriorated or an Eye Disease Is Discovered
- Am I a good candidate for LASIK eye surgery?
- Will my condition change with time?
- Do you recommend medication or treatment in the future?
- Do you recommend a specific pair of glasses or contacts to accommodate my lifestyle?
- How can I get contact lenses?
- Will my insurance cover these treatments?
- Is financial assistance available?
- Does this medication have any side effects?
- Do you have any materials or suggested websites to read about this condition?
- Is it safe for me to drive home today?
- Is it safe for me to drive in general?
What to Bring to Your Eye Exam
Having this knowledge and materials on hand will speed up your appointment time and make your optometrist grateful for your preparedness.
- Your Health Insurance Information or Card
- A photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport
- A list of current medications and vitamins you’re taking
- A list of your allergies
- The eyeglasses or contacts you’re currently wearing
- A notepad and pen (or the notes folder in your smartphone)
- A partner, friend, or family member to accompany you and drive you home if necessary
Schedule an Appointment with Our Optometrist at Advanced Eye Care in Las Vegas, NV Today
Regardless of how well you can see, it is best to get your eyes checked at least once every few years. This is the best way to catch vision changes, detect eye disease, and prevent damage or loss of vision.
To schedule your next vision test at Advanced Eye Care, either click here to request an appointment or call us at (702) 602-2246.